Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What's Next Danikai?

EcoEtsy.blogspot.com: Eco-Friendly Shops & Creations

Hello friends,

Just wanted to update everyone on all the new things you will being seeing in my shoppe. During the month of March I will be participating in a EcoEtsy promotion. Details to come so check back to see what specials I will be offering all month long.

Also, I am getting the hang of zippers so I am looking forward to adding them to my purses! The zipper seems to really set the purse apart from my totes and I think it will be a much needed addition. I will still be doing magnetic closures for all of us who prefer that instead.

I have a couple prototypes for tiny drawstring bags which are perfect for organizing all the small stuff that is so easy to overlook. The tiny bags will be perfect for makeup, sunglasses, snacks, and will be made from light weight vintage fabrics.

Another style I am perfecting is the clutch. I am going to be working with heavier fabrics than I previously have used for this style which I am hoping will give it a nice structure in the palm of your hand. I am thinking I will alternate between zipper, magnetic buttons, and a small piece of velcro; this way you can chose whichever you like best. Since I have tons of zebra fabric scraps left over I will be making my first batch from that fabric. Lots of cute bright colors will line the interiors and I am so excited to get started!

Until next time!

love,
~*michelle*~

3 comments:

  1. Zippers are great! You are a super sewer now. I am excited to see your new stuff.
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine just turned me on to your bags and I love them. Just need to figure out which one(s) to buy... You have a fabulous sense of style when pairing fabrics and they look (saw my friend's bag that you made in person) very, very well made! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Blues...Purse with Magnetic Closures and lots of pockets." --Cheri Williams

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!