Thursday, September 2, 2010

introducing miss elliott luna

wow! what an insane week it has been but here I am finally sharing some birth story action... don't worry I will spare you all the gruesome details but feel free to google "giving birth" if you need more information.

my last weekly check up was friday and the doctor was trying to set up an appointment for me to be induced since I was at the due date and we weren't seeing much progress. I didn't let her set up the induction because I am stubborn and hate doctors telling me what to do. I woke up that night around midnight with horrible cramps but was able to sleep through them until about 4a.m. which is when I woke Todd up telling him I am going to call the hospital and see what they say I should do. Half asleep, I think Todd was totally caught off guard but hopped out of bed real quick. The hospital said they didn't have enough beds so we would have to call a different hospital so I decided to wait it out a bit more. The contractions got worse and we called again around noon that Saturday. The hospital still didn't have any beds and told me more hospitals are full so I would have to go even further than I thought I might. I was still not happy with not being able to deliver at my hospital so we decided to wait even longer.

Around 6p.m. I felt like I needed to take a walk and get my body moving even though I was in excruciating pain. Such a busy body! Todd and I took a long walk around the block and I had contractions every few minutes so I knew I was going to have to go in to whatever hospital they told me there was room for me. I called and luckily there was a room available at my hospital and they said they would hold a room for me! Score!

I took my third shower of the day ate some more snacks and we gathered all our hospital bags.... yes, we had multiple bags. Heading to the hospital was such a relief especially since my contractions were starting to really hurt uber bad. I can't believe I thought I would be able to give birth without the epidural... HA! We checked in and as soon as the epidural went in and we were all calm we sent out a text to let close family know what was up.

I slept all night and thank goodness because at 7a.m. the next morning the my midwife said it was time to start pushing. I was excited and had no idea what I was about to experience. I will spare you the details but the next 3 hours and 9 minutes was the craziest thing I have ever done. And just like that a baby girl came outta my you know what and she was perfect! Todd was the best birth coach EVER and I would not have been able to do any of it without him there helping me through my ups and downs.

Enjoy these cute little pics we have been taking all week...


  1. Congrats! Thanks for the low-down on the birth. I can see the Cook in her! XO Aims


I love hearing from you!